Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Remodeling Project Manager
at VineBrook Homes
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- DOE +/-
- Full Time
Project Estimator (Residential Renovation)
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest/Heartland-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. We began operations in late 2007. We own or manage over 6,000 Single-Family Rental homes (SFR) in 12 states and 18 major Midwest/Heartland markets. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 10,000-15,000+ Homes.
The Estimator is responsible for inspecting single family homes for health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition, writing Scopes of Work to bring said homes up to the VineBrook Standard for occupancy, and preparing budgets for these Scopes of Work. The Estimator will work closely with the Construction Manager to maintain consistency of product, pricing and quality. This is a fast-paced job where the vast majority of your time will be spent in the field conducting inspections and preparing Scopes of Work.
- Conduct inspections of newly acquired or pre-acquisition homes documenting health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition.
- Create scopes of work and budgets which will be used by our project managers to effectively complete renovation projects.
- Create photographic record of each home following VineBrook's photo Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform quality control inspections on completed projects for health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition and confirm that all items from Scope of Work were completed appropriately.
- Confirm that completed projects meet VineBrook standards.
- 3-5 Years single family construction or home inspection experience
- General and specific residential construction knowledge
- Knowledge of building methods, materials and construction principles
- Knowledge of building codes
- Aptitude with technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to learn and take initiative
- Ability and willingness to climb ladders and enter crawl spaces
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College or advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Home inspector licensure preferred but not required
- Willing and able to work in all types of weather
- Frequent travel to and from projects in your market
- Valid driver's license
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check
- Possess basic construction tools
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.