Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retort Operator 1st Shift
at Veolia North America
- Manually lift boxes or containers up to 75 lbs. so as to transfer the contents of the containers to canisters used on the retort oven.
- Inspect the contents of each container to ensure that only materials that are appropriate for retort are transferred to the canisters.
- Maintain equipment during operation to assure it is in proper working order.
- Report and communicate any mechanical problems with equipment.
- Mark, label and maintain accumulation containers.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment.
- Complete required paperwork to document work performed.
Additional Job Functions:
- Operate and use a forklift for movement of materials to transfer the contents of containers with weights exceeding 75 lbs to canisters used in retort ovens and to load and remove canisters from retort ovens.
- Operate retort ovens.
- Take air sample readings to maintain safe employee exposure limits and air permit compliance for mercury.
- Complete daily inspections of processing equipment and air pollution control devices.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- High School Diploma or GED
- . Knowledge of VES-TS standard operating procedures, policies, and regulations
Skilled in the use of electronic equipment including barcoding scanners
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to safely operate material handling equipment
Job Description Template
Revised Date: 1/4/2018 9:18:00 PM
Ability to work well in team environment