Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic - Delavan
at USG Corporation
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on: motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Mechanical / Electrical / Technical Understanding - Mechanical & Electrical Fundamentals: detailed understanding of pumps, lubrication, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, circuits, and drives as well as associated components of each system. Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 70E requirements.
- Needs to have an aptitude for troubleshooting and a desire to discover the issue’s root cause.
- Responsible for performing all tasks as delegated by direct or indirect supervision.
- Learn and maintain continuous compliance with USG’s Reliability Performance Model and all plant practices.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and follow-up work.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all applicable procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Interact with all personnel with dignity and respect while promoting teamwork, cooperation, and completing all tasks with the utmost professionalism.
- Normal working schedule is between 8-10 hours per day, with mandatory overtime including nights and weekends to meet the business needs. Operating schedule is subject to change with business levels.
- Safety must be the first consideration in all activities. Compliance with all safety programs and rules including OSHA regulatory programs is mandatory.
- Must report all safety concerns, and employee must have a safe work history.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personal protective equipment and a willingness to use all required equipment whenever necessary.
- Housekeeping and cleanliness should be maintained and/or restored during and following all work tasks.
- Must complete the mechanical skills assessment.
- Previous Industrial maintenance or millwright experience required.
- Experience required in Stick and/or MIG welding.
- Ability to lift items 49lbs or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job including working in temperatures 30 to 110 degrees F.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in USG’s Operator Rate Program.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to continuously advance technical knowledge and skills.
- Applicants must comply with plant attendance policy, demonstrating regular and predictable attendance.
EOE including disability/veteran
For more than 100 years, USG has built an ever-growing portfolio of groundbreaking products backed by unparalleled service. In the last decade, we have demonstrated our resilience by continuing to invest in purposeful innovation, expanding into different markets and by working smarter and faster- all to help our customers achieve their visions. Our commitment to innovation and focus on you, our customer is driven by a desire to help architects, contractors and workers alike to not only build better structures, but to build a better world.
We hire people for careers, not jobs. We invest in employees through classroom and on-the-job training. We promote from within wherever possible and we are not afraid to give employees significant responsibility early in their careers. We move people across businesses, functions, and across the country to make the best use of their talents. We have an on-line job posting program to let employees know what opportunities are available in the Company and to match the right person with the right position. USG is a Company in which everyone can reach their full potential, which is why most of our leadership came up through the ranks. Our employees are the best in the industry, which is why USG Corporation is the industry leader year after year!
USG has been recognized twice as Top 25 Places to Work by Chicago Magazine and recognized as America’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. Be part of the Team - Build your future at USG. Join the USG Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?