UniTek Global Services Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Life Technician in Milwaukee, WI at UniTek Global Services, Inc.
at UniTek Global Services Inc
Job Summary: Digital Life Field Technicians are responsible for the design, installation, upgrade and repair of home security and automation systems.
- Ability to work independently
- Provide technology service and support to all of our customers
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, including educating customers on usage of the home security systems and remote control
- Prepare for installations, upgrades, repairs and disconnects by reviewing work orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers by pre-calling customers to verify appointments and confirm customer receipt of equipment.
- Plan installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish security systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Conducts customer premise survey, makes recommendations on equipment placement, up-sells for complete protection, processes work order modifications and manages schedule impacts.
- Stocking vehicle with necessary equipment on a weekly basis
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Continuing to learn about new technology
- Responsible for following all inventory processes correctly and accurately counting inventory
- 2-3 year experience in Home Security installation, electronics, CATV, telecommunications, or related field
- Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Basic computer skills and comfortable operating electronic devices
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available for a flexible work schedule (weekends / holidays / evenings)
- Licensed per state and local requirements for Security/Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm (as required)