The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WUM - Lodge Attendant
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Social Services
- Regular Full-Time
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Provide supervision of residents and property at the Emergency Lodge to ensure a safe environment for all residents.
HOURS: This position is full-time 35-40 hours per week.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a log of significant events that occurred on your shift and share with on-coming staff.
- Maintain a log of medication doses administered for clients in the shelter during your shift.
- Check-in clients returning to the shelter after work or other approved absences from the premises.
- Perform intake procedure for clients who come to the shelter after normal business hours or on weekends.
- Make sure rooms are ready for occupancy for clients who are taken in after hours.
- Conduct orientation for new clients as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct surveillance throughout the facility to ensure safety and compliance with rules and policies.
- Order meals for clients who cannot be present during meal periods, and distribute bag lunches for clients who will be working during meal periods.
- Provide supervision of dining area during mealtimes.
- Supervise residents in completing daily assigned chores.
- Perform general cleaning duties on weekend shifts, including gathering and disposing of trash.
- Conduct urinalysis and breathalyzer tests as directed by the Shelter Manager.
- Provide statistical reports as required for your shift.
- Perform discharge procedure for clients.
- Participate in training programs and staff meetings at the supervisor’s direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Manager.
RELATIONSHIPS: Communicate new resident information to the appropriate Case Management staff. Work with maintenance/housekeeping staff to make sure rooms are ready for occupancy and supplies are available to residents. Work with kitchen staff to make sure meals are provided for residents who cannot be present for meal periods.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Shelter Manager.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: N/A
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with one year of college or two years experience in residential services or related field.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Confidentiality is required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Be supportive of The Salvation Army Mission Statement.