The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Music Instructor (Part-time) - Cold Spring
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Music & Gospel Arts
- Regular Part-Time
Plans and teaches both group and private music lessons.
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Prepares appropriate lesson plans for each class/session.
- Teaches group and/or private music lessons.
- Provides attendance and registration data to supervisor each week.
- Evaluates student performance and learning, and provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Provides student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes to supervisor.
- Assists in the recruitment of new students.
- Participates in regular in-service training sessions as directed by supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Music preferred. One year of formal education or training required.
Experience: 1+ year of experience in teaching music classes required.
OR – Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach, supervise and mentor music students.
- Ability to play musical instrument(s).
- Ability to read music.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a variety of settings.
- Ability to interact with different age groups.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of musical styles and techniques.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, and excellent manual dexterity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical office environment.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.