The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Center Aide/Wonderland Camp/Wisconsin
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Temporary Part-Time
DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Health Center Aide
LOCATION/DEPT: Wonderland Camp and Conference Center
REPORTS TO: Camp Nurse/RN
Assistant Director – Programs
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Temporary Part-Time
The Health Center Aide is to assist the Camp RN with the overall execution of the Health Program at Wonderland Camp, and respond to any emergency. Will manage medical records of campers and staff, supervise health and cleanliness standards, and to help provide adequate physical health conditions for all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Camp RN regarding health policies and sanitary conditions.
- Work with Camp RN on any problems that arise regarding the health of staff and campers.
- Assist as assigned with opening Health Center and obtain necessary supplies after checking the current inventory at the beginning of the summer and throughout the summer as necessary.
- Review the standing orders with the Camp RN and follow them throughout the summer.
- Guide and participate in camper health check-in on opening day of each specified encampment (youth camps, senior citizens and territorial).
- Hold regular office hours and arrange for emergency coverage on a 24 hour basis. Keep main office notified of your location for emergencies. Some flexibility with work hours will be needed due to some special programming.
- Maintain all health related records including: daily log, medical forms, incident (first report) forms, insurance forms and insurance records.
- Be available for teaching/assisting program staff and campers with anything regarding health and health education.
- Work with the health services aide. Give guidance as needed and requested.
- Periodically observe all areas of camp for health and safety, and report any deficiencies to Camp RN.
- Conduct Health & Safety orientation during general staff training. Work with Camp RN in planning this orientation.
- Maintain Health Center, medical equipment and inventory. Submit work requests to Program Manager for submission to Maintenance Director.
- Maintain all first aid kits (vehicles, cabins, offices, kitchen, maintenance etc). Collect and restock all cabin first aid kits at the end of the season.
- Submit a written brief and inventory at the end of the summer.
- Participate in leadership training week.
- Assist with transportation of campers and staff.
- Maintain a servant attitude; function as part of the ministry leadership team.
- Maintain a sense of professionalism with a loving spirit.
- All other duties as assigned.
*Wonderland offers ARC CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid certifications at camp.
- Minimal CNA registration, or preferred in 2nd year of Nursing School student with 1 year of clinical.
- Experience in camp nursing or related nursing field preferred.
- Minimum age of 18 preferred.
- In agreement with the philosophy, goals and objectives of The Salvation Army Wonderland Camp and Conference Center.
- A commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Able to live on camp grounds throughout duration of employment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- An attention to detail
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter.
- Current ARC CPR for Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid*.
- Adequate knowledge of (emergency) first aide essential.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is required to do light to moderate physical work.
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to handle medical issues, emergencies and medical equipment.
- The work environment for this position includes an office and outdoor environment with a low to high noise level.