The Marcus Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Marcus Corporation
Position Purpose Responsible, in conjunction with the Director of Sales / Marketing, for the management, coordination, and execution of items related to the sales operation of the hotel, including all sales solicitation efforts for all market segments.
Essential Job Functions
- Planning and development of market segments, contract and booking approval, sales lead assignment, and overseeing sales efforts for all Sales Managers.
-Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication. Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods.
-Represent hotel at trade shows, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city.
- Strategic planning, goal setting, yield management, period end reports, and other departmental activities to meet financial and sales objectives for the property.
- Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, departmental.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Job Requirements
- Working knowledge of all hotel operations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to evaluate options and make decisions quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, associates, department heads, and corporate leadership.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of market segments.
- Ability to organize detailed information.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, average rates, and forecast information.
- Ability to travel.
- Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Smart financial decisions.
- Ability to meet departmental financial and sales objectives.
- Control departmental expenses within budgeted amount.
- Prepare and submit reports within allotted deadlines.
- Ability to train, motivate and counsel associates for success.
Education/Experience Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred; Minimum of two years sales experience plus 4 years of hotel experience required. Must have past responsibility for catering sales. Experience with Delphi highly desired.
Reporting Relationship Director of Sales / Marketing.
Exemption Status Exempt
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.