STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(7/29/2019 6:33 PM)
The MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) Buyer is responsible for Managing inventory crib activities and cycle counting program for maintenance inventory parts. The MRO buyer is also responsible to buy all maintenance, repair, and operating supplies for the organization upon receipt of properly authorized requisitions from users or other authorized employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Handles all non-productive inventory purchases.
*Oversees VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) program
*Supplier Relationship Management
*Cost savings initiatives
*Creating Purchase Orders and acquiring competitive quotes from suppliers
* Supervises inventory crib activities.
* Supervises cycle counting program.
* Writes off slow moving or obsolete Inventory.
* Manage and monitor maintenance contracts between STRATTEC and Vendors.
* Ensure all documentation is properly processed and maintained.
* Perform routine audits to guaranty depleted or empty stock levels are eliminated.
* All critical spares are identified with input from Engineering and Maintenance and all critical spares verified stock balance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in Business/Supply Chain or Engineering and/or 3-5 years’ purchasing experience in a Manufacturing environment.
Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Able to understand and read interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
Good Organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.