STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist (Milwaukee Operations)
at STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- 9 months ago(11/4/2019 1:02 PM)
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude and excellent communication and customer service skills.
If you are one who likes to be part of a team, has strong skillsets and likes to be part of a team, apply quickly!
As a member of the Talent Support Team, this Human Resources Generalist will provide front line guidance to plant operating management and employees in all aspects of human resources specifically labor relations, collective agreement application, and HR policy interpretation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Serves as the Collective Bargaining Agreement expert and the "go-to" person for all issues related to the CBA. Administers the collective agreement equitably, including grievance administration, interpretation and overall compliance.
- Facilitates effective management/union relations with respect and in accordance with the needs of the business and employees.
- Establishes self as ‘go to’ HR person for managers and employees in Operations and develops effective working relationships with management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective practices.
- Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Seeks legal counsel as necessary to ensure proper risk management. Elevates issues to the appropriate authority as may be appropriate.
- Administration of hourly attendance program with accuracy and fairness.
- Assists in hiring bargaining unit associates including developing and maintaining internal job postings for operations bargaining unit positions
- Maintains transfer process and awards bargaining unit associate transfers, changes records in applicable systems, and communicates changes as requested
- Monitors and facilitates return to work for associates on leave
- Manages and develops the operations training program together with operations managers and outside consultant.
- Develops and maintains operations bargaining unit training database; maintains training records as required.
- Participates in union negotiation prep and proceedings
- Leads the STRATTEC Wellness Committee
- Acts as back up to other Talent Support team members as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Human Resources or Business Administration
3-5 years of previous manufacturing human resource experience required.
Previous labor relations experience required in a union environment.
Development of manufacturing training programs helpful.
Previous collaboration experience required.
Excellent customer service experience required.
Clear and concise communication skills required.
Attention to detail, time management and follow-up skills required
Experience with MS-Office products, AS400 and Ceridian Dayforce helpful.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.