STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware Design Engineer
at STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- 1 week ago(6/6/2019 1:13 PM)
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. As a result, there are several initiatives to move those systems from mechanical to electronic type systems. These initiatives create exciting opportunities to those people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer in implementing this technology by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are. We want to know what motivate you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing electronic and innovation team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, strong HW/SW/Testing skills, and have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to development a new group internally, develop internal electronics competency.
If you are one of those people who like to build a team and strong electronic competency in addition to seeing your own ideas to come to life, apply quickly!
Job Title: Electrical Hardware System Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, skilled at prototype and production development; have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation.
- Leadership skills to develop STRATTEC’s capability in electronic hardware design and system developments in the area of wireless domain, battery operated devices, and motor/solenoids type products.
- Focal point for electrical hardware design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques.
- Potentially to organize and lead team member activities according to priorities established by senior management.
- Lead assignments with remote team members across the globe such as China, India, and Europe.
- Shall be part of quote team to provide technical assistance from Hardware & Software, Piece Price cost estimations, Design optimization, Technical meetings with OEM for an product requirement to create business opportunities.
- System Level Architecture definition for Hardware and Software requirements of the product (Preferred knowledge with Renesas, NXP, Infineon, STMicroelectronics, Microchip Microcontrollers and motor drivers)
- Must exhibit knowledge to derive functional safety requirements for a product in compliance with ISO26262 standard.
- Perform Electrical circuit design, simulation and analysis of mixed signal electronics circuits, Power electronics circuits, Wireless circuits, PCB Layout, System test and validation to meet technical product and safety requirements.
- Work closely with cross functional teams mechanical and software teams to enable manufacturable unique solutions.
- Perform hardware validation of products with test equipment’s and generate test reports compliance with Automotive OEM Standards
- Perform pre-compliance testing for EMI/EMC compliance and certification of product at external certified labs.
- Support Manufacturing plant with technical assistance for pre and post production of the product.
- Perform advanced Research, explore & prove out new technologies in the market, chipsets, and processes for inclusion in future projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- An Electrical Hardware System engineer with a vast experience in defining the product design at a system level, Knowledge of Hardware and Software connectivity at system level.
- Perform System level product analysis in consideration with safety norms from ISO 26262.
- Good hands on and Knowledge with functional safety in evaluating Safety Hazards and Safety goals for the system.
- Experienced in design of mixed signal circuits, power electronic circuits and wireless design compliance with Automotive standards.
- Must demonstrate expertise in circuit design consisting of Analog and Digital design, Power electronics and Motor driver design, circuit analysis, design simulation, design of PCB layout, Board Bring-up, Test and Validation.
- Create Test plan based on OEM standards to meet Automotive Product specifications.
- Hands on expertise using hardware design tools for Schematics entry (Cadence Orcad Capture/Altium/Mentor Graphics Xpedition) Circuit Simulation (Orcad Pspice/Altium/Matlab) PCB Layout (Cadence Allegro/Altium Designer/Pads).
- Hands on experience using Circuit analysis tools such as Mathcad (WCCA) Reliability Software (MTBF, FTA,DFMEA) to valid the hardware design.
- Proficiency in using basic Hardware test and validation equipments such as Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Signal generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Function generator, DMM and DC Power Supplies.
- Hands on testing experience of a product for EMI/EMC compliance and good knowledge on EMC design considerations.
- Experience with wireless designs (LF, RF, Bluetooth, NFC, UWB) motor and solenoid drive circuits (BJT’s, MOSFET) actuators, sensor technology and Lightning technology.
- Develop technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc…
- Knowledge on Embedded Software C/ C++ to develop basic software for debugging.
- Development of software low level drivers to validate the hardware design.
- Knowledge in diagnostics and communication systems (CAN LIN/K-Bus, flashing via bus, …) and Software tools (Vector CANape/CANalyzer).
- Coach and mentor other engineers on understanding and utilizing new design practices and methods such as schematic capturing, PCB layout, and SW implementations.
- Make recommendations and implement courses of action commensurate with operational needs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
- Ability and passion to research and develop new technologies.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification BSEE required. Masters Degree preferred with Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- Automotive electronics product development.
- Power Electronics Circuit design, Mixed Signal Electronics circuits design, Wireless technology, Testing & Validation of electronic products and system.
- Demonstrated experience as an Individual contributor, Team player or in leading an engineering team.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.