STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Hardware Design Engineer
at STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- 4 months ago(10/10/2019 6:35 PM)
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. As a result, there are several initiatives to move those systems from mechanical to electronic type systems. These initiatives create exciting opportunities to those people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer in implementing this technology by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are. We want to know what motivate you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing electronic and innovation team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, strong HW/SW/Testing skills, and have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to development a new group internally, develop internal electronics competency.
If you are one of those people who like to build a team and have a strong electronic competency in addition to seeing your own ideas to come to life, apply quickly!
Job Title: Electronic Hardware Design Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Electrical circuit design (including new design initialization), simulation and analysis of mixed signal electronics circuits, PCB Layout, System test and validation to meet technical product and safety requirements.
- Assist in the strategic management of the engineering hardware design tools, licenses and tool support and optimization to STARTTEC needs
- Develop STRATTEC’s capability in electronic hardware design in the area of wireless domain, battery operated devices, and motor/solenoids type products.
- Perform advanced research, explore & prove out new technologies in the market, microprocessors & microcontrollers, and processes for inclusion in future projects.
- Focal point for electrical hardware design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques.
- Support pre-compliance testing for EMI/EMC compliance and certification of product at external certified labs.
- Support Manufacturing plant with technical assistance for pre and post production of the product.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be capable of starting new designs that are microprocessor or microcontroller based (including block diagram, schematic, components selection, and design analysis/verification) upon reviewing customer general functional requirements
- Experienced in design of mixed signal circuits (analog and digital), and power circuits compliance with automotive standards or similar.
- Experience with circuit Simulation tools (LTspice, Pspice, or similar)
- Proficiency in using basic Hardware design validation equipment such as Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Signal generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Function generator, DMM and DC power supplies.
- Able to interface with diagnostics and communication systems (CAN LIN/K-Bus, flashing via bus) and Software tools (Vector CANape/CANalyzer).
- Preferred to have a hands on experience using Circuit analysis tools such as Mathcad (WCCA) Reliability Software (MTBF, FTA,DFMEA) to valid the hardware design.
- Preferred to have experience using or interacting with hardware design tools for Schematics entry and PCB layout (Cadence Orcad Capture/Altium/Mentor Graphics Xpedition)
- Preferred to have a hands on testing experience of a product for EMI/EMC compliance and experience with wireless designs (LF, RF, Bluetooth, NFC,UWB), motor and solenoid drive circuits (BJT’s, MOSFET) actuators and sensor technology.
- Wireless design experience is a plus.
- General Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and Requirements is a plus.
- Ability and passion to research and develop new technologies.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification BSEE required. Masters Degree preferred with Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- Automotive electronics product development.
- Direct design creation experience in Electronics circuits.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.