Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Production Manager 3
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Food Production Manager 3 for Carthage College in Kenosha, WI – a private liberal arts college on the shore of Lake Michigan ideally located between Chicago and Milwaukee. Our dining program offers resident meal plans for over 1900 students and multiple National and Sodexo Branded Food Retail concepts.
With a focus on Resident Dining -The Food Operations Manager 3 is responsible for day to day operations for Resdient Dining - overseeing Front and Back of the House operations, and creating and developing a team.
Are you the experienced Food Service Manager we’re seeking? The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a university setting or other high-volume resident dining 3 years operational experience within a food service environment preferred
- Manage Sustainability Program
- Manage Purchasing and Inventory
- Be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to resident student dining within a multi-unit campus account
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and proven success managing food cost and labor costs and budgets
- Be a people person, will motivate management and hourly staff, with a strong focus with maintaining positive customer relations;
- Be a solid manager and natural leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference
- Be customer focused, including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment
- Contribute to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Food Service Manager we’re seeking?
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.