Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Supervisor - "D "crew
at Snyder's-Lance, inc
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19300
Categories: Manufacturing/Production, Restaurant/Food Service, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Under direction of the Business Unit Leader, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the work activities of shift employees in packaging and processing and related areas, including work assignments and schedule of work hours to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the effective use of labor hours.
Essential Job Duties
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability to ensure each employee performs their job following manufacturing, equipment and safety procedures and requirements to consistently produce good results.
- Foster a continuous improvement performance culture. Develop goals, communicate performance standards and train, mentor, motivate and counsel to optimize performance and personal growth, and build leadership capability.
- Collaborate with, participate in, and/or lead external and internal customers, suppliers and interdisciplinary teams by providing technical assistance in areas of expertise, as needed; aiding and facilitating in other areas on Baptista's effort and attainment of advancements in diversification, competitive edge, and process and project improvement, and in building a value-based performance and relationship culture.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify needs and to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment for filling orders and packaging of product.
- Use knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, capability of machines and equipment, direct, coordinate, expedite, supervise and inspect the work activities of shift packaging and processing department employees (Packaging Machine Operators (PMO) and Leads, Packagers, Baking Process Operators (BPO) and Leads, Processing Utility (PU), Temps, etc.). Schedule work assignments and work hours to maximize productivity and efficiency, and the effective use of labor hours while minimizing equipment downtime. Revise schedules and manage rush and special orders as needed.
- Use company's MRP and pallet tracking system to track and maintain control of packaging and raw material inventories and track discrepancies in usages.
- May be responsible for weekly start-up and/or end-of production week clean-up as well as daily changeovers in accordance with internal, customer (e.g., kosher) and regulatory requirements.
- May join the Business Unit Leader in exploring new methods, equipment and process improvements.
- Communicate equipment repair and maintenance issues to maintenance and/or Business Unit Leader.
- Participate in planning long range objectives.
- Conduct pre & post shift hand-off meetings with other Production Supervisors and Leads to ensure shift-to-shift operation continuity.
- Promote safety and conduct operations in accordance with FDA regulations, AIB, cleanliness, OSHA and MSDS standards. Maintain security of your Department.
- Complete daily shift reports and all records and reports in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that all transactions and labor hours are reported accurately. Maintain records and verify accuracy of inbound/outbound paperwork.
Scope of Responsibility
Supervises 10-15 associates including Baking Process Operators, Packaging Leads, Packers, Packing Machine Operators and Processing Leads.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Clear and professional spoken and written communication skills are required. Bilingual is a plus.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret machine manuals, periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Individual should have strong troubleshooting skills and be able to solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of public safety, security operations, rules, regulations, precautions, prevention and protection of people and property.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, design of individual development plans, and test design principles.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field plus five years related supervisory experience, preferably in a team-based continuous improvement culture and/or manufacturing environment.
Must be able to travel 0 – 5% of the time