Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
Will work within a warehouse kitting distribution center providing quality and timely service to our customers. Responsibilities include: receiving, put-away, cycle counting, picking, sorting, packing, laser etching, auditing and shipment of inventory. Equipment used includes laser etch machines, warehouse management system and handheld RF scanner, powered material handling equipment, hand and powered banders, computer terminals and manifesting systems, stretch wrap and shrink-wrap machines.
Load and unload freight using powered industrial forklift trucks or hand pallet jacks.
Receive stock by visually comparing stock number and quantity against a receiving document.
Put away stock in picking and reserve locations using both hand and powered material handling equipment.
Physically count and verify stock in picking and reserve locations, and count bulk stock using a counting scale.
Process customer orders by picking stock from pick locations, visually verifying stock number and quantity against the information displayed on the picking document.
Pack stock into shipping cartons or assemble inventory into kits.
Operate laser etch machines, warehouse management system and handheld RF scanner, hand and powered banders, computer terminals and manifesting systems, shrink-wrap and stretch wrap machines, etc.
Verify items that were picked and/or assembled for a customer through an audit process.
Perform job functions following all documented procedures safely and accurately.
- HS diploma or GED required
- Basic math aptitude
- Basic PC skills
- Effective communication skills (Written and oral as well as the ability to interact with coworkers and other associates).
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions and execute those instructions accurately and timely.
- Ability to frequently crouch, kneel, stand, stoop, and walk. Ability to walk up & down stairs/ladders; occasionally balance, climb, crawl or sit.
- Ability to reach and grasp work and repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be dependable; willing to work overtime and adjust schedule per business demands.
- Prior warehousing, material handling, shipping/receiving, computer terminal use and/or forklift experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement processes and ability to communicate improvement ideas to managers is a plus.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package and a complete benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401k Savings plan, a pension plan, tuition reimbursement, a legal services plan, an employee stock purchase plan, a discount on Snap-on products, and more.
Snap-on is a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply. Local candidates in the Southeastern Wisconsin or Northern Illinois area are encouraged to apply as we are not offering relocation at this time, nor is this position eligible for the employee referral program.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.