Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift-High Reach Truck Operator(10 hour shifts:Mon,Thur,Fri,Sat)
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- FLSA Status
- 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient set up, inspection and operation of equipment/machinery utilized in the processing of pet food / treats products. Additionally, responsible for following standard operating procedures, including but not limited to, completing production related paperwork and meeting product specifications.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months forklift and reach truck experience.
- Warehouse experience in a fast pace enviorment preffered.
- Continuous standing in one location for extended periods (up to 2-3 hours before break). Many jobs have fixed workstation locations and are conveyor line paced.
- Walking long distances sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 60 lbs. Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Working in cold environment -10-35 deg F.
- Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment. Using, cleaning, maintaining, and safe handling of sharp cutting tools.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
- Using and maintaining a variety of motorized vehichles and RF scanning equiptment.
- Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
- Must be able to comprehend and pass the PIT training, must also understand safe driving techniques.
- Must be able to properly complete paperwork for production and pre-op check lists.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions and labels.
- Follow established personal safety guidelines and policies.
- Follow established food safety guidelines and policies.
Scope/Impact of Job
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.