Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift -Spotter Driver (M, T, Thurs, Fri, Sat- 5:30PM -2:00 AM)
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- Supply Chain
- FLSA Status
- 2nd Shift
The Spotter Driver position is responsible for moving trucks and trailers in and out of dock doors for loading and unloading.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the loaders and supervision to move trucks and trailers from one location to another according to door assignments.
- Checks to ensure that each unit is sealed and that the refrigeration unit is operating correctly and running.
- Moves trucks and trailers from dock to dock as needed to complete the loading process.
- Ensures the trailer or truck is completely loaded and secured before moving from the dock area.
- Works with transportation management to ensure the proper equipment is used on the proper route.
- Works closely with fleet shop management to ensure any repairs are finished before using equipment.
- Helps keep truck parking yard free of debris and trash.
- Arranges trucks and trailers on the yard in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Moves trucks and trailers for receiving when needed.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must be 18+ years of age
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.