Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Silgan Containers
Who we are:
Silgan Containers is the largest manufacturer of metal food containers in the United States. Trusted by America’s most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We strive to maintain a positive culture where all employees are encouraged to share new ideas and achieve their goals.
As a leader in the food packaging industry, and Americas largest metal food packaging producer we are a crucial part of Americas food supply chain. Silgan Containers is continuing production and helping to keep our food supply chain flowing. Join our team and help us overcome this and future challenges to our nation and communities.
Launch your career with Silgan Containers today and join a team of dedicated mechanics to troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and modify all mechanical systems at our state-of-the-art, multi-technology can manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-directed. A strong work ethic and related experience in a manufacturing environment are required. If you are looking for a challenge, willing to go the extra mile, and want to work with people who are just as talented as you are, this is the place for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates and maintains can line, performs and documents quality checks and measurements, requiring supervisory assistance only in unusual quality or operating problems. Takes full responsibility for the quality of the product and line efficiency.
- Properly diagnoses mechanical and quality problems, determines the necessary repairs, and restores malfunctioning equipment back to service with minimum delay.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and reports any hazards that may compromise a safe workplace.
- Works closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity, and cost control advancements.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans available
- Pension Plan
- PTO, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Paid breaks
- Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance
You will love it here if:
- You enjoy utilizing extensive knowledge of mechanical principles in a high-speed can manufacturing line
- You are committed to the adherence of all safety regulations
- You are driven by the idea of installing new systems and developing improvements to existing systems within the plant
Must be able to: pass specific visual requirements, have depth perception, distinguish basic color shared, distinguish basic colors. Constantly 67% or more: standing, walking, usage of both hands and legs required, must be able to give clear oral communication. Frequently 34-66%: lifting max of 20 lbs, climbing stairs, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands, ability for rapid mental/muscular coordination, hear conversations clearly. Occasionally 5-33%: lifting max of 50 lbs, carrying estimate of 20 lbs 10 ft, pulling hand over hand, climbing stairs, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, bending, and reaching. Infrequent 0-5%: sitting, lifting max of 75 lbs to 100 lbs, pushing 20 lbs 10 ft, balancing, crawling, and repetitive finger movement.
Constantly 67% or more: outside and inside, process heat over 100 F, noise above 85 dba, work with hi-speed machinery. Frequently 34-66%: environmental heat over 95F, heights > 10ft, vibration, dusty conditions, various grease/oil types, working with moving vehicles, work with ladders/scaffolding, work with hands in liquid, and periodically work weekly over 40 hrs. Occasionally 5-33%: environmental heat over 95F, fuel gasses, strong acids/caustics, various metals, and various chemicals. Infrequent 0-5%: work outside, cold below 55 F, dry atmospheric conditions, organic solvents, and work alone (out of sight).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attain satisfactory score on job related tests.
- Familiar with the use of hand and power tools used on the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and drawings, hand books, specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists and other written material associated with the job within a reasonable time.
- Possesses the necessary hand tools to set up and maintain all can line machinery and associated equipment.