Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Electrician II
at Silgan Containers
Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within - Opportunity starts here.
Leadership, Quality, Integrity, and Collaboration; the foundation of Silgan Container’s Vision and Values.
If you share these values and you’re an Industrial Electrician that is looking for the challenge of launching a brand new, state of the art manufacturing plant, then Silgan Containers has a career opportunity for you!
Silgan Containers, the largest manufacturer of metal food containers in the U.S., is currently seeking Industrial Electrician II for our newly opened manufacturing plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin. These new roles will assist with the installation, launch and qualification of our newest can making facility.
With starting wages of $32 per hour for Journeyman Electrician II, and career growth opportunities that can lead to becoming a Master Electrician III at $36 per hour, the future looks bright. These positions offer sign on bonuses up to $4000, and offer promotional opportunities. Ask your recruiter for details.
The Industrial Electrician maintains a state-of-the-art, can manufacturing plant; has a strong work ethic, and related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions
1. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, & upgrade all electrical systems within the plant.
2. Adhere to all safety regulations and report any hazards that may compromise a safe workplace.
3. Be familiar with Allen Bradley systems, VFD's, PLC's hardware and software, AC/DC circuits, 4-20 mA circuits & 440 MCC's.
4. The ability to write code & demonstrate a working knowledge of RS Logic will be considered a plus.
5. Work closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity and cost control advancements.
Essential Job Requirements
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or completion of an equivalent technical training program.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years.
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Must have an active Journeyman Electrician License
REQUIRED SKILLS: A proven industrial electrical background in manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Mechanical Experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, climb, walk, & lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis. Good vision capabilities and good communication skills.