Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our employees said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a part time opening for a Celebrant at Wisconsin Memorial Park Inc in Brookfield, WI. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Celebrant will work with client families to develop a meaningful ceremony which is personalized to reflect the life-style of the deceased, recognize the life of the deceased, and provide those attending with a meaningful end-of-life ceremony. Additionally, offers alternative to traditional, religious, or clergy-driven ceremonies.
- Personally meets with the family to discuss Celebrant alternatives
- Listens to family of deceased regarding final wishes of deceased
- Gains thorough understanding of the personality of the deceased Interviews other friends and family, as appropriate
- Recommends appropriate ceremony options for family to consider and obtains decision
- Formulates personalized ceremony/service which may include readings, poems, music, songs, pictures, and/or video
- Will generally officiate at the ceremony/service
- Coordinate with funeral director and other service providers, as necessary
- Prepare keepsake copy of ceremony for family
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
- Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
- Trusted by others and keeps commitments
- Continuously reviewing alternatives for celebrant lead services
- Achieve Results Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
- Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities
- Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
- Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others’ ideas and suggestions
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
Collaborate with Others
- Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed
- Welcomes ideas and input from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal/External)
- Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treat others with respect
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school education
- Celebrant certification preferred
- Familiar with company guidelines, procedures and policies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Keen sense of judgment and tact
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to the differing management needs of individuals
- Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
- Professional Dress is required when in contact with families.
- Frequent, continuous periods of time standing, up 6 hours per day
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
- Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
- Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V