Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an open position for the role of R&D Scientist within the Research and Development department at its facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The R&D Scientist is primarily responsible for developing new formulations and products in a timely manner per specific performance requirements while working closely with the marketing team. In this role, significant time will be spent in hands-on laboratory work formulating products and supporting manufacturing operations, as well as project management to take new products to market. This position is responsible for activities related to development of new coatings products with a strong focus on automotive appearance and performance chemicals. We are looking for someone to bring to market new and unique products that complement our brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive product development from concept to formula development, through to product launch.
- Test products, document test data, as well as generate and communicate test reports detailing project processes, results, and conclusions; recommend additional actions or research.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and regulatory in developing competitive claims and product demonstrations
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
- Conduct quality control tests.
- Adhere to safety, quality and housekeeping policies/guidelines.
- Work closely with peers and supervisors to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with suppliers, technical experts etc
- Write technical papers and reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes, products, or tests.
- B.S. or M.S. (preferred) degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or other scientific technical field.
- Minimum of 3-10 years of experience formulating and testing water-borne / solvent-borne products for consumer applications / auto care products. This includes waxes/polishes, protectants, fluids and cleaners.
- Demonstrated use of Design of Experiments.
- Proven ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Solid record keeping and problem-solving skills, strong emphasis on the ability to think critically.
- Self-starter, highly motivated toward achievements, results oriented.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Drive the creation of strong Intellectual Property (IP) when/where applicable.