Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summary: The R&D Leader role is one of the most critical roles in the R&D organization. This role requires expert level of technical knowledge with a strong track record of product and process development, innovation, and commercialization in coating technologies. The candidate must also possess strong and demonstrated competencies and experiences in project management, people and organizational leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expertise in a broad ranges of coating chemistries particularly acrylic, epoxy, urethane, polyaspartics and sil(ox)anes etc.
- Expertise in application and formulation science for various coating systems of primer, basecoat, topcoat systems for liquid waterborne, solvent-borne and 2K coatings along with expert understanding of DIY, Contractor, and OEM Coatings
- Strong command on analytical methods and structure property relationship
- Expert understanding of manufacturing process and product development
- Action Oriented - ability to make strategic decisions (technical and staff utilization) and influence leaders and scientist to execute those initiatives while managing business strategy and value creation
- Demonstrated skillset and track record in creating an environment to scout new ideas and innovation.
- Continuous learning and intimate awareness of open literature and competitive landscape
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project plan - time management, prioritization, managing the projects and R&D projects/teams and measuring progress.
- Excellent effectiveness to allocate resources towards initiatives by working with cross-functional leadership
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams, leadership and external scientific community.
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal skills – listening, compassion, motivating, inspiring, humor, patience, understanding diversity, negotiating, etc.
- Energetic, Driving and Inspiring
- Action oriented, perseverance and results driven
- Demonstrates Courage
- Leadership (technical & managerial) command skills, conflict management
- Continuous learning/growth and mentorship and teaching skills
- Ability to lead and interact with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Agility to respond to emerging business needs - strong change of management skills
- Managing high stakes and challenging situation with all levels of organizations
- Using, assessing the organizational processes and developing new processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Demonstrate strong career ambition – potential to become top leader
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering, or a comparable scientific technical field. PhD preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in the paints, coatings, or related industry.
- Excellent team leadership, initiative, and creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of design of experiments and statistical data analysis. Must be able to apply data analysis tools to system development and problem solving.
- Strong skills in customer interactions, providing rapid feedback in time-critical situations.
- Experience with data documentation and analysis using Excel or similar programs, in addition to proficiency with MS Office.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with strong organization skills.