Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions
The Product Manager is responsible for the global account ownership of OEM custom variable frequency drive (VFD) solutions for industrial chillers and other industries of focus. Leadership in supporting these customers include: strategic planning, customer product alignment, pricing, negotiations, forecasting, business promotion, competitive analysis, and product lifecycle management. This role will oversee the execution on specific product areas such as quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
There will be direct customer interaction with key representatives from the OEM’s including sourcing, engineering and quality personnel. These customers currently reside globally, primarily in the North America, Asia Pacific and EMEA regions. The Product Manager will also provide the short-term and long-term strategic business direction and how it aligns with development, operations and engineering service partners.
- Develop and maintain strategic planning on the global OEM accounts through a BSR (Business Strategy Review) process.
- Identify opportunities and develop action plans for OEM account share growth at each customer.
- Ownership of business unit customer relationships and assist Rockwell Sales Account Managers with pro-actively addressing customer inquiries and issues.
- End-to-end ownership and timely responses for project development, product enhancements or customer/sales inquiries
- Strong communication skills to direct the actions of engineering, manufacturing, sales and operations partners.
- This role will have one or more direct reports and also require operating through cross functional project teams.
- Applies market, customer, industry, application and technical knowledge to assist in preparing product development specifications with features, price, cost and reliability objectives for product development projects.
- Oversee the execution of product quality field issue resolution, in collaboration with Rockwell Sales, Quality and Technical Support teams. Role will have ownership of the messaging to the customer.
- Provide Product Management leadership to the Continuation Engineering team for product quality improvements, cost reductions, parts obsolescence, and to meet evolving standards and customer requested product changes and enhancements.
- Work with the Product Quality Leads in support of quality resolution, improvement actions and customer responses.
- Oversee deployment of new business systems and processes as necessary.
- Assist in managing and administer product warranties
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelors Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- This role is required to travel nationally/internationally up to 15%.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of management experience in leading tactical directions of product or projects.
- A minimum of five years in an Industrial Automation/Power Control Product Management and/or Engineering role where you've worked with large horsepower Variable Frequency Drives applications.
- Project Management experience or certification.
- Experience with technical leadership and commercial execution of projects acting in a project engineering or project management capacity. MBA.
- Variable frequency drive start-up experience
This is a summary of the position’s responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here — a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard–won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Mequon - Wisconsin