Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Engineer Hardware Test
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Development Engineer Hardware Test
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
Performs basic hardware testing activities including, but not limited to, test development and execution under the direction of Project Engineers and Project Managers. Has responsibility for assigned aspects of test within a program. May require collaboration across disciplines and business units. Has indirect supervision of test technicians on assigned projects. Responsible for contributing to the development of new test processes and methodologies for the business unit. Focus is on delivering high quality product, in an efficient manner.
- Perform basic level testing on hardware based projects at the individual circuit and complete product level.
- Contributes to the creation of test platforms.
- Contributes to the creation of product functional test plans from product Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS) and firmware High Level Design documents (HLDD).
- Contribute to the generation of product test plans including task idenification, schedule generation, manpower identification and cost assessment.
- Contributes to the implementation of product and system test set-ups.
- Participate in hardware/product design and safety reviews.
- Participate in the reviews of test plans and associated schedule.
- Development of product test procedures.
- Investigate product problems, with emphasis on hardware product support.
- Participate in appropriate support programs to assure that products continue to fill the customer's needs.
- Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in products through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
- Must complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Development Processes, and associated with the functional process requirements.
- Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test and system design.
- Familiarity with appropriate Agency requirements such as UL508 and EN61800-3, 61800-5 product specific standards.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Identify and promote new methodology’s & processes to bring efficiency to the development process.
- With supervision, drives general activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the test organization.
- Contributor in the area of Product Development and Test.
Physical/Mental Special Requirements
- Requires the physical ability to use telephones, computers, and other devices, which require dexterous work with the hands and ability to move and climb around equipmen.t
- Requires the mental and visual ability to read and interpret computer programs, operating systems, and communications systems information
- Requires the ability to lift up to thirty-five pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ Engineering work experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Academic Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Software Testing, Firmware Development, Applications Engineering work, Technical Support, or other Testing/Quality Assurance role.
- Knowledge of software / firmware test methodologies is desired.
- Familiar with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment
- Print circuit board testing and troubleshooting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Mequon - Wisconsin