Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Therapist, Walworth, Day Shift, 60hrs/2 wks
Lake Geneva, WI
Flexible Full Time Hourly (60-79 ppp) FTE .75-.99
Work Hours: 0600-1630
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
- This position is located at Mercy Walworth Critical Access Hospital
- This position is scheduled between 0600-1630
- On call only for rotating weekends & holidays
- This position comes with full time benefits!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Will Initiate, monitor, evaluate, and wean invasive and non-invasive ventilation. Makes parameter
recommendations based on clinical assessment, technical assessment, patient compliance, patient response, laboratory values, and patient status.
- Initiates and provides on-going evaluation of treatment regime including medication delivery and oxygen
administration through therapist driven protocols by performing patient assessments to determine the needs related to treatment therapies, frequencies, and duration of treatment regime ordered by physician.
- Assesses patients clinically before and after the administration or application of any medication, procedure, or device; recommends appropriate therapy including initial therapy, changes in therapy, and discontinuation.
- Monitors, assesses, educates, and documents the patient and/or family on therapies, medications, goals of
therapies, and equipment during treatment.
- Demonstrates competence in the set-up, calibration, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators, noninvasive ventilation devices, therapeutic bronchoscopies and pulmonary function screens. Cleans using high level disinfection, assembles, and maintains equipment and the stocking of departmental supplies.
- Responds to emergent care situations in the hospital and assists with resuscitation by providing chest compressions, airway management, airway stabilization, and ventilatory support in accordance with the American Heart association guidelines and as directed by the Code Team Leader.
- Transports adult patients on mechanical ventilators, non-invasive ventilation devices, and critically ill to intrahospital procedures and testing.
- Provides developmentally appropriate care to support the various patient populations during their hospitalization. Demonstrates competence in the care of pediatric and adult patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patient’s age related and other physical, psycho-social, and cultural needs.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- IL and/ or WI Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) with The National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current partners who are RRT eligible, must complete the RRT exam by 3/15/2012.
- Current partners who are not RRT eligible, RRT is not required (CRT-Certified Respiratory Therapist is required).
- Approved CPR or BLS
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) within 90 days of orientation for delivery attendance
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste, and smell. Specific vision abilities require by this job include frequent ability to adjust focus and occasionally distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force.