Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Data Business Analyst
at Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
IT Data Business Analyst
Are you driven to build a reputation as a trusted IT advisor working closely with the entire organization? To drive mission critical business processes and decisions? Want to contribute to a growing financial services firm who values IT as a partner to the business? Keep reading…
Our Business Analysts work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to perform analysis around/for projects and serve as a conduit in delivering quality results. We offer a collaborative culture with a continuous learning, agile/lean environment and adding value to the Baird business.
The person in this position will work closely with the aligned IT delivery team members and our Institution Equities and Research business to support their growing technology needs. They will be the primary BA for the client and will help mature the business analysis capabilities within this team with a strong focus on data analysis.
As an Data Business Analyst, you will:
Analyze and Develop Solutions – think about it!
- Independently elicit requirements by the use of interviews, workflow analysis, requirements workshops, and surveys to provide business process descriptions, business requirements, use cases, and user stories
- Collaborate with project team members (developers, architects, product owners) to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Perform analysis of potential solutions against business requirements and financial impact to identify the best solution for the business
- Actively engage with the client community (internal and external) throughout all stages of project lifecycle, including business requirement elicitation through implementation
- Partner with internal business units to define information requirements and translate them into appropriate data solutions
- Perform data analysis to gain a solid understanding of the business data in order to collaborate effectively with the business users, business analysts, and data owners
- Develop and validate source to target mappings and transformation logic required to support business needs. Understand the importance of capturing data lineage
- ?Supports quality assurance through test plan and/or script creation, QA team collaboration, and project team validation
- Act as a facilitator for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with the client, third party vendors or other testers that use the product, leveraging acceptance criteria defined with the business partner
- Consult and develop relationships with all client personnel that foster closer ties between the business and Information Technology department
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
Project Execution – get it done!
- Assists project managers in defining project milestones, based on business need, requirements, and defined solution
- As needed, facilitates project management role on small projects, ensuring the right capabilities are encompassed in the project team and scope
- Ability to work on critical projects with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to influence and make business impact through providing technology solutions
- Information technology is a core part of Baird’s business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm
- Computer World Best Company to Work For with collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
- A minimum of seven (7) years of prior IT experience, including at least five (5) years related BA experience.
- A college degree, ideally a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with writing business requirements, use cases and user stories
- Previous experience with data analysis including writing SQL queries and interpreting results to help answer business questions, troubleshoot and support client data needs
- Experience working on projects related to the creation, support and enhancement of web applications.
- Experience, comfort level and success working in agile environment
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to influence without authority
- Detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Motivated by small quick wins and process improvement
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $200 billion in client assets and more than 3,400 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019, our sixteenth consecutive year on the list .Baird has also received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.#LI-KC
WI - Milwaukee