Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Management Operations Analyst
at Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
Asset Management Operations Analyst
Baird Equity Asset Management
Baird’s Equity Asset Management business has experienced strong growth with assets under management climbing to $6B from $1B in the past five years. Growth is expected to continue given the addition of new products, new teams and an increased distribution platform. Today, the business offers a Specialized Asset Management service to high net worth investors and six institutional products – Mid Cap Growth, Small/Mid Growth, Small Cap Value, Small/Mid Value, International and Global.
We are seeking a high-performing individual to proactively monitor operational processes and policies to ensure compliance, prevent and detect risk, and identify efficiencies. The Asset Management Operations Analyst is a critical role requiring a skill set and aptitude to handle a broad set of responsibilities supporting multiple investment teams within Baird Equity Asset Management. The individual will be involved in both recurring and project-based duties that span Operations, Compliance/Supervision, and Project Management/Process Improvement. The role will demand a high level of collaboration, project management, and attention to detail. The successful candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, understands the importance of superior client service, and is interested in building a career in Baird Equity Asset Management.
As an Asset Management Operations Analyst, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of operational, trading, client communication, and reporting functions and systems across Baird Equity Asset Management to assist with back up coverage, risk management, and business development.
- Serve as liaison between Baird Equity Asset Management and Baird Operations, assuring processes, touch points, and support of client onboarding, reconciliation, reporting, performance, billing, and trade settlement.
- Facilitate the resolution of identified account, trading, or other issues and advise on corrective action while critically assessing the broader impact to clients and/or the overall business.
- Maintain and enforce department regulatory requirements and policies/procedures through cross-collaboration with Compliance, Legal, Operations, and Investment/Sales teams.
- Provide supervisory oversight, review, and approval of various department functions, including account setup/maintenance, cash/security transfers, trade processing, email review, proxy voting, and marketing outreach.
- Oversee the planning and execution of multiple ad hoc and ongoing projects while ensuring recurring tasks are also completed. Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (including senior leadership, clients, and regulators) to move projects forward.
- Participate in operational and risk management discussions and analysis to implement process and systems improvements that increase efficiency.
- Liaison with the Value Team in Ohio and Chautauqua International Team in Boulder to align processes and efficiencies across all of Equity Asset Management.
- Support annual performance audits and other regulatory reviews.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals across all levels of the firm.
- Involvement in a wide variety of responsibilities providing depth of knowledge and the ability to have a direct impact on the business.
- Ability to play a critical role in a growing, entrepreneurial team.
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, Finance, or Accounting major preferred. 3-5 years work experience within a financial services role preferred.
- Ability to understand the overall Equity Asset Management business, including an awareness of how tasks/projects impact the broader business. Candidate must be able to think critically in order to identify and assess potential business risks.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple short- and long-term tasks/projects simultaneously while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage relationships with confidence and effectively lead through influence.
- Intellectually curious with entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn, including the willingness to proactively seek out the resources/knowledge needed to expand subject matter expertise and identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to problem solve and identify resolutions to new or unforeseen priorities with minimal guidance.
- SIE and Series 7, 66, and 24 licensed or ability to obtain in 6 months.
WI - Milwaukee