RBS Global, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. IoT Web Applications Developer
at RBS Global, inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: INF167
Rexnord is looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated Internet of Things (IOT) Web Application Developer with a demonstrated ability to design and develop web solutions that integrate connected industrial devices. This this role will have impact in differentiating Rexnord by utilizing smart products and industry leading technology to solve and avoid customer operational problems. This role will also support the deployment of Rexnord Digital Solutions DiRXN(tm) with a local and global team of resources.
- Work in a dedicated scrum team to help build and maintain an IIoT web portal for customers to manage their assets, view current status, and monitor alerts.
- Develop back end API's from business systems to support both web and mobile applications
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures to support promoting software from dev to production.
- Troubleshoot and correct production related issues.
- Maintains a high level of quality through unit test and code reviews.
- Advise on web application architecture solutions that are reusable and customer driven
- Resourcefulness: Leverages best practices, facts and past experience to validate current practices and/or recommended changes or a new practice
- Team Oriented: Comfortable working within a collaborative, cross-functional, self-managed scrum team.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Drive for continuous improvement, seek new solutions and solve problems
- Tech Savvy: Passion for digital technology and creating new user experiences online
- Action Oriented: Works with quality and pace, simultaneously
- Interpersonal Savvy: Collaborative with the ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audiences with the same comfort as presenting to a technical-minded audience
- Plans and Aligns: Strives to meet deadlines and communicates risk, while being able to prioritize, multi-task and adapt well to change
Experience and Skill Required
- 10 years developing applications in C#
- Experience developing a single page application using Angular 2
- Experience with a UI framework such as Angular Material or Bootstrap
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Work in a scrum team environment as both an individual contributor and team member
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in combined education and experience
- Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills – Ability to accomplish tasks based on objectives and effectively report on the progress of work and results.
- Experience being a contributing technical lead with Angular 6 and Angular Material 6, writing APIs with .Net Core preferred
- Knowledge of the ASP.net Boilerplate framework and experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services preferred
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components worldwide used within complex systems where our customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy, and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN (pronounced “Direction”), based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran