Patterson Companies, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Specialist I
at Patterson Companies, Inc
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Category
- Administrative - Clerical
- Patterson Veterinary Supply, Inc.
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Responsible for answering incoming technical and clinical application calls and emails regarding anesthesia and monitoring equipment from internal and external sources.
- Provide vital technical and clinical support to internal staff for new product development.
Essential Functions (Major Duties)
Technical Support and Training
· Answers incoming calls and emails; resolves customer issues and logs conversation into the customer database.
· Works directly with manufacturers and customers to facilitate service repairs, preventative maintenance recommendations and replacement items.
· Works directly with sales agents to support sales recommendations, provide competitive analysis of product and aids in client education of product usage.
· Assists Service Technicians as needed with parts identification and troubleshooting.
· Provides Monitor or Anesthesia Machine In-service and/or demo training to customers as needed.
· Assists with installation questions or difficulties that may need to be resolved.
· Assists with requested training or CE events as needed.
· Provides support tools and training to new Service Technicians as needed on monitoring and anesthesia.
· Attends Regional or National Sales meetings as requested.
· Issues Work Order (RMA) number for customer repairs at Patterson Veterinary NRC.
· Invoices Work Orders when repair has been completed at Patterson Veterinary NRC.
New Product Development
· Researches and reviews new product or competitive product information and updates matrices as needed.
with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to understand and Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Lifting or carrying, light physical activity, up to 25 pounds
- Operating a computer for up to 8 hours/per day.
- Position involves frequent communication effectively exchange accurate information.
Travel and On-Call
- This position requires minimal travel (10%) in a national area.
- For this position being on-call is not required.
· High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
· Certified Veterinary Technician or Equivalent License or Registration (LVT or RVT) required.
· Outstanding problem-solving skills.
· Outstanding troubleshooting skills.
· Courteous and professional phone manner.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work and contribute to a team environment.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong user knowledge of MS Office Suite.
· Prior experience in the area of anesthesia and monitoring.
· Occasional travel as needed.
· Strong organizational skills and focused on being dependable, reliable and punctual.
· Associates Degree in Applied Science or Bachelor Degree.
· Prior customer service or technical support experience.
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.