Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Associate (Full Time)-Home Beer Brewing Supplies
at Northern Brewer
As the Full-time Retail Brewing Associate at our Milwaukee location, you live to help customers with brewing questions, stock the shelves with brewing supplies and oversee the retail fort, where we make homebrew dreams come true. Every day, we strive to keep our customers happy and homebrewing.
FINALLY! We’ve found you…It is you, isn’t it? If you love beer (check), love homebrewing (even better), are a customer service super star who thrives in a fun retail environment…then you’re the ROCK STAR we’ve been searching for to join the Northern Brewer team as a Retail Brewing Associate – Full-Time and Part Time openings. One question: Where have you been all our lives?
OK, A FEW MORE QUESTIONS…
When it comes to our team and our favorite plaid shirt…Fit matters. A lot. So here are some things you should consider before you contact us:
- Do you brew? It’s not a requirement, but knowing your way around a homebrew setup will give you a leg up when it comes to our greatest goal: helping homebrewers brew better beer.
- Are you a fixer? If a mindless, time-to-make-the-donuts job is your idea of torture, you’ll fit right in. At Northern Brewer, trouble-shooting and problem-solving is in our DNA. It’s all about making our customer’s day. And that shows in everything you do.
- Are you a little Type A? We’re not talking Dr. Sheldon Cooper levels, but organization and a knack for working efficiently goes a long way toward keeping our fulfillment center running smoothly.
- Can you go the extra mile? Position hours vary. But during busy periods, occasional extra hours may be required.
- Give prompt attention to customers.
- Process and ring up customer purchases, returns, and exchanges.
- Respond to customer concerns and answer technical gardening questions via, phone, email, and in person.
- Provide support to other retail associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise, including at alternate store locations.
- Prepare items for stocking, receive inventory transfers, and maintain inventory counts.
- Be alert to potentially systematic problems that require immediate action and bring them to the attention of the Retail Manager.
- Assist with store marketing and promotional events.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe work environment (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, keep isles clear, etc.
- Work experience in a retail sales or similar setting.
- 3 to 6 months of related experience with brewing
- You are not afraid of retail hours. Customers don’t always shop when it’s convenient for us. Sometimes that means a varied schedule in order to make the magic happen.
Employee benefits in addition to base pay:
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee discount
- Brewing incentives program
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance insurance coverage
- Company-sponsored 401k retirement savings plan
If you’ve gotten this far and you’re more convinced than ever that you’re THE ONE, then apply now and convince us!
Northern Brewer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.