Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Integration Engineer
at Neopost Inc.
ProShip, Inc., a Neopost company, is the most trusted global provider of automated multi-carrier shipping software. ProShip empowers its customers to ship at lightning speeds, stay carrier compliant 24/7/365 and build stronger-than-ever customer revenue streams. With over a decade of enterprise experience in the shipping and supply chain industry, ProShip's time-tested technology and advanced functionality continues to remain unmatched.
Responsible for the support of ProShip sales, integration, and implementation processes by providing technical knowledge to internal, external, and potential clients and by participating in presentations, product demonstrations, installations, and implementations. Directly responsible for the analysis, configuration, deployment and support of ProShip's solutions during the sales and implementation cycles. Acts as a critical link between business development/account manager, customer, implementation teams and product development teams. With knowledge of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures of logistics and shipping, relies on experience, judgment and creativity to plan and accomplish project goals.
- Represent ProShip software technology solutions in the pre-sales stage by participating in presentations and product demonstrations
- Working as part of a team, scope and design integration solutions that meet customer requirements
- Design and implement integration solutions across customers' enterprise applications, evaluating existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensuring final solutions meet customer's requirements
- Directly responsible for the analysis, configuration, deployment and support of ProShip's solutions during implementation. Includes:
- Establishing trust and rapport with customer contacts to maintain mutual commitment to the project
- Analyzing the customer's current ordering and shipping processes, enterprise applications and systems
- Determining customer's requirements and optimum results
- Designing and implementing a proven solution that will meet or exceed requirements, provide a cost and/or time savings, and improve efficiency, quality and accuracy
- Testing customizations to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Maintaining records of each customer's software customizations
- Creating documentation for customer training and on-going support
- Assisting with upgrades and support as needed.
- Special projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, CS, MCS, MIS or related field or the equivalent in a combination of education and work experience
- Experience leading and/or supporting small to large-scale system integration projects from design through formal test preferred
- Excellent working knowledge or ability to pick up VB.NET, C#, and VB Script
- Ideal knowledge of PHP, ASP and ASP.NET
- Basic computer and server administration (Linux and Windows)
- Database skills; proficient with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Experience with data manipulation algorithms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, conveying a positive, collaborative, and professional image toward peers, management, customers and vendors
- Ability to work independently to learn and maintain technical skills as well as part of a team to solve challenging business problems
- Sound organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through on all tasks
- Detail-oriented and conscientious, demonstrating accountability and ownership for all responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience (Preferred, Not Required):
- Experience with shipping, logistics and supply chain concepts
- C, including familiarity with low level Win32 API calls
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Competency with popular virtualization technologies
- Skills creating and consuming web services
- Experience with PLCs and/or embedded controllers
- Apple/Mac development experience
- Java competency
- Knowledge of a variety of peripheral devices, including label printers and hand-held scanners
- Must have the ability to withstand prolonged periods of sustained computer usage
- Able to handle stress and pressure of workflow and deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, and colleagues; includes in-person, telephonic and electronic communications
Why Work Here
ProShip Inc. values people -- those that work here and those we work with. In addition to an opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally in a collegial environment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Casual work environment with jeans ok every day!
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending and dependent care options
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Vacation, holiday, and sick paid-time off
ProShip, Inc. by Neopost is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.