Mills Fleet Farm
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Yard Associate - Full-Time
at Mills Fleet Farm
Yard Associate - Full-Time
Yard Associates are responsible for assisting customers in the loading of merchandise into their vehicles. Yard Associates are also responsible for the safe loading/unloading of trailers, retrieving product for store departments, and maintaining a neat and organized yard/warehouse.
Mills Fleet Farm store hours are 7am - 9pm Monday through Saturday and 8am - 6pm on Sundays (except Fargo, ND is open 12pm - 6pm on Sundays).
Yard Associates are responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service by responding with a sense of urgency to our customers’ needs while completing other tasks.
- Monitoring receipts of all warehouse/yard merchandise and supplies ensuring record keeping and inventories are properly updated.
- Providing prompt, accurate and efficient assistance in the loading of customer vehicles.
- Unloading merchandise from Fleet trucks and common carriers, noting any damaged merchandise.
- Retrieving and transporting merchandise to the main store per the request of store Departments.
- Helping in other areas/departments of the store as needed.
- Following all company policies and procedures and ensure a safe working environment.
Our commitment to Full-Time Fleet Team Members includes:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision, & Dental*
- Paid Time Off*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
- Uniform Shirt Provided
*Eligibility requirements apply.
Job Requirements for this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have obtained a high school diploma or GED
- Prior experience and/or training is preferred
- Must be able to obtain a valid Mills Fleet Farm forklift license and be able and willing to operate forklifts in a safe manner at all times. Use of a forklift will require repetitive foot movements in order to manipulate the forklift controls.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Familiar with basic computer functions
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a positive, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Desire to work with the public.
- Must be dependable, honest, courteous and self-motivated.
Must be available to work a rotating schedule including every other weekend and occasional holidays.
Physical Requirements for this position are:
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for long periods of time on concrete floors.
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb, and lift frequently.
- Continuously lift up to 10lbs., frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position.