Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pension Consultant - Milwaukee
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Milliman, a premier consulting and actuarial firm, has an opening for a Pension Consultant in our Employee Benefits Practice. Our client base includes significant cash balance plan work, so we have a much brighter future than most corporate-focused pension practices.
DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and review client projects such as funding valuations, government filings, benefit calculations, nondiscrimination testing, etc.
- Understand and effectively communicate client issues, project implications, and potential solutions
- Effectively manage project staff, budgets, and deadlines
- Provide direction, training, and supervision to actuarial analysts
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Build personal expertise while becoming a resource for others within the practice
- Inspire a collaborative team environment
- Encourage growth in other members of the team through knowledge and idea sharing
- Add energy and insight to the practice
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- EA required; ASA, FSA, or FCA a plus
- At least three years of actuarial experience at the consultant level
- Experience with cash balance pension plans a strong plus
- ProVal experience a strong plus
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management and staff management experience
- Strong communication skills, including client consulting, presentations, and publications
- Hands-on programming / technical / modeling abilities
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS THAT SUPPORT SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
- Thrives in the development and maintenance of client relationships
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical abilities
- Passion for developing innovative solutions to clients’ problems
- Highly motivated with ample initiative and strong work ethic
ADDITIONAL SKILLS A SIGNIFICANT PLUS
- Experience with multiemployer or public pension and OPEB plans
- Plan termination experience
- Business development
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
- This position is within Milliman’s Hartland Employee Benefits Practice, which has offices in Omaha, NE; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Hartford, CT; and Vienna, VA.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills, as well as significant bonus potential, generous 401(k) match and profit sharing contributions, flexible schedules, and opportunities to work remote.
Application: Candidates who upload a resume and cover letter will be given first consideration.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and skills.
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The Employee Benefits Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, TN, or other nonimmigrant work authorizing status for this position.