Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Data Analyst
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Milliman's health IT consulting group is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and self-learning data analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best healthcare consulting services to our clients. They will be a leader that thrives on delivering high quality products and services to our end users in a results oriented environment. They will have the tenacity to solve challenging technical problems with an eye towards quality results.
Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world’s most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
Who We Are
Milliman's health IT consulting group is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and self-learning data analyst to join their team. The healthcare data analyst position at Milliman offers many different opportunities to develop both professional and technical skills while receiving experience and training to become a business intelligence professional. The opportunity allows each employee to take on responsibility for client work while making meaningful contributions to projects and the firm. Our analysts are independent problem solvers who care about the quality of the work that is delivered to clients and to each other. They take personal responsibility for their work and are motivated to succeed in their own careers as well as to help the firm succeed. We enhance these skills by using and creating innovative tools to enhance our results and recommendations, not to replace them.
Analysts typically have responsibility for 3-4 projects at the same time, spending roughly 60% of their day working within SQL/T-SQL and 40% of the day on other information technology related tasks.
Having a competency in database architecture, healthcare claims data, and information technology is beneficial to your success in this position.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best healthcare consulting services to our clients. They will be a leader that thrives on delivering high quality products and services to our end users in a results oriented environment. They will have the tenacity to solve challenging technical problems with an eye towards quality results. Competencies that support success in the role include:
- Someone with a well-rounded IT background
- Analytical thinker, able to assess problems logically
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
- Detailed and organized
- Fast learner
- Import and interpret source data
- Scrub, clean and validate data
- Prepare input files for 3rd party data processing
- Analyze the data results and making changes if needed, before presenting the data to project managers and internal consultants
- Perform ad hoc T-SQL programming and analysis
- Build ETL processes for client projects
- Design, develop, and implement modifications on several web based applications using C# and other technologies.
- Develop custom reports using Microsoft Reporting Services
- Review of peers work product to validate quality results
- Bachelor’s degree required. Area of Study: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- 2 years - Application development and technologies – C#, VB.NET, XML, Visual Studio .Net, .Net Framework, SharePoint
- 2 years or experience with SSIS, SSMS, and SSRS required
- 2 years of experience in transact SQL required
- 2 years of experience in Python and R required
- Able to interpret, scrub, process, and explain data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and skills.
Application: Candidates who upload a resume and cover letter will be given first consideration.
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The Milwaukee Health IT Consulting Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, TN, or other nonimmigrant work authorizing status for this position.