Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Integration Engineer - IntelliScript
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Milliman, Inc. is recognized as a top firm that provides data, products and professional services to the insurance industry. IntelliScript is a practice within Milliman that provides health and life insurers with real-time data and underwriting decision support tools via software-as-a-service (SaaS). IntelliScript offers an innovative suite of products which interpret and deliver electronic medical data (such as prescription histories, diagnoses, treatment data, etc.) to help our clients make effective underwriting and pricing decisions. Our company offers a unique entrepreneurial culture that also promotes work / life balance. IntelliScript has enjoyed consistent growth and is the leader in the markets we serve.
Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company and culture: Milliman IntelliScript on LinkedIn
- Represent a successful, well-respected company occupying a unique niche in the market
- Challenging work in its variety and complexity
- Define your own path based on your skills and achievements
- Small team working closely together to address all issues swiftly and correctly
- Milliman demonstrates work-life balance through a variety of perks and programs, as well as opportunities for training and networking
Responsibilities and Expectations
We are not a one size fits all company. And when customization is the name of the game, no two days are ever truly alike. We can teach you what you need to know about our business and the underwriting industry – we invite you to bring your client service skills, natural drive to answer questions and solve problems, and passion for technology.
The Client Integration and Technical Support team is a bridge between all IntelliScript divisions (e.g. Operations, Data Analytics, Account Management, and Product groups). This team is ready to grow again due to the increasing volume and complexity of our clients’ needs. There are three key areas of responsibility in the role of Client Integration Engineer:
- Client integration management – Your in-depth knowledge of IntelliScript’s SaaS products and technical service API will impact well over 100 clients, and for many of these, you’ll be the primary IntelliScript contact, post-implementation.
- Coordinate clients’ integration timelines and work closely with other internal teams
- Test cases prior to go-live
- Schedule and lead meetings with client stakeholders, reviewing everything they want and need
- Explain IntelliScript’s technical offerings, clearly and in detail
- Create and revise integration related documentation for clients
- Review client integrations to ensure they are working as planned and in compliance with IntelliScript standards
- Field questions and requests from clients during implementation phase
- Internal support for IntelliScript staff – You’re the sort of person who thrives on helping others get through the day a little faster, and a whole lot happier. As the go-to resource of 90 employees for “all things IT,” you’ll field requests ranging from password resets to designing and validating efficient reports. Expect to be part of larger-scale projects too, like internal process improvement.
- Resolve and/or route internal requests for technical support using a ticketing system
- Develop internal tools / processes to improve the team’s performance or to automate manual tasks
- Engage in effective communication with business users, stakeholders, and IT personnel
- Secondary level client support – IntelliScript’s Operations team handles primary client support, but sometimes a situation needs the help of the Client Integration and Technical Support team. A background in software development would come in handy for this part of the job, so that you can dig in to the code.
- Collaborate with the team to assign tickets as they come in
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner
- Research the issue, try to replicate it
- Resolve issues on the fly, as well as chasing down more complex answers
- Escalate to the appropriate person or team
- Set up a WebEx to work with the user on the problem
- Own the problem/concern until it is resolved accurately
Select Technologies Used by IntelliScript:
- Microsoft Visual Studio – website and application code written in C#
- Microsoft SQL Server / T-SQL
- SOAP Web Services, WCF, WebAPI
- XML documents
- Demonstrated “let’s find a way to do it” attitude – no task is too big or too small
- Self-driven to assess a need, research the situation, then present a resolution
- Take ownership of a task and ensure it is resolved
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly skilled at prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks, such as projects in different phases and internal requests for help desk support
- Take direction for certain tasks, collaborate on shared responsibilities, as well as discern priorities independently
- Articulate and professional when speaking with clients as well as with colleagues, at all organizational levels
- Ability to understand and communicate with audiences that are both technically and not technically minded
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Understand how one person’s tasks and responsibilities are related to other roles, departments, and within the overall business
- Adapt to the needs of the business, and take on additional responsibilities over time
- Project maturity and professionalism
- High school diploma / GED as well as 2 or more years of professional experience
- Understanding of Excel formulas, macros, and pivot tables
- Understanding of SQL queries
- Help desk and/or ticketing system experience
- Hands-on experience developing SaaS or web-based applications, or past experience working in an environment related to this type of product
- SQL experience
- Navigate code
- Write queries, sometimes using Excel formulas
- Use stored procedures
Preferred Experience (Not Required)
- Visual Studio
- Java and/or C#
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- HIPAA or PHI regulated environment
- Experience creating documentation / internal processes
- This position will be based out of the Milliman office in Brookfield WI. Applicants must be willing to work onsite in the Milliman office.
Milliman Benefits (Full time U.S. positions only)
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The IntelliScript Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, TN, or other non-immigrant work authorizing status for this position.