Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Consultant - IntelliScript
at Milliman Care Guidelines
At IntelliScript, we are never comfortable with the status quo. We have taken several products through the market adoption curve and expect more to follow. We pursue opportunities for new growth, and expand into new processes, businesses and markets. Our product suite combines leading edge data, analytics, reporting engines, predictive models, clinical expertise, and technical expertise – all of which can be used to identify, create and pursue new business development (BD) opportunities.
Working with the Director of Business Development and various internal experts, the Business Development Consultant (BDC) assists in facilitating adoption of current IntelliScript products in the incubation stage. Additionally, the BDC helps identify, pursue and develop new products and services across various markets and industries. In this highly visible role, the BDC will be stretched and challenged to continually learn new concepts and adapt to new environments. Building new revenue streams that facilitate diversified growth is central to Milliman IntelliScript’s business strategy, highly valued by management, and rewarding to the individual.
- Gain a solid understanding of all IntelliScript business solutions, product offerings, clients, partners, areas of expertise, capabilities and resources
- Work to diversify our revenue stream by pursuing markets and industries outside of the insurance industry
- Identify, pursue and present IntelliScript’s BD products to prospective clients
- Communicate with companies, industry leaders and experts to research the viability of new BD ideas
- Listen to clients, prospects and potential partners; probe deeper to understand true business needs (i.e. opportunities); build solutions collaboratively
- Work with prospects and clients to develop studies that will help them to evaluate our BD products
- Prospect, qualify and sell early deals for new ideas
- Seek knowledge of current and relevant political, legislative, and market conditions, and be able to translate information into potential customer business needs
- Facilitate “blue sky” new product generation and innovation
- 5 or more years of professional experience in entrepreneurial business development and/or sales roles
- Proven experience generating new revenue streams by transforming existing business solutions
- Proven experience developing new products for existing and new markets
- Driven to leverage data and analytics in BD opportunities
- Energetic, hard-working, self-driven, innovative, resourceful
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture
- Able to see the “big picture” while chasing the details and driving a process
- Exceptional communication skills: articulate and professional when speaking with or emailing clients, prospects and colleagues
- Capable of presenting and facilitating productive discussions in group settings
- Considerate when listening to a client issue or needs, thoughtful in responding, and creative in solving problems
- Provide and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent prioritization of multiple concurrent tasks, such as projects in different phases
- Curiosity, always seeking out learning opportunities both internally and externally
- Continued education and/or advanced degree(s)
- Experience generating revenue streams outside of the insurance industry
- Background (education and/or experience) in statistics, mathematics, finance, economics and/or engineering
Applicants must be able to travel 40-50% nationwide for client meetings, conferences and company events (this role requires proximity to a major airport, Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI or Salt Lake City, UT preferred). All employees are currently working remotely and will do so until such a time when we can return to the office safely and resume regular travel.
Milliman, Inc. is recognized as one of the top firms providing professional services to the insurance industry. Milliman IntelliScript is a specialty software-as-a-service (SaaS) unit of Milliman that provides valuable real-time data and underwriting decision support tools to health and life insurers. With deep understanding and expertise in the life and health insurance markets, IntelliScript offers an innovative suite of products to interpret and deliver electronic medical data (such as prescription histories, diagnoses, treatment data, etc.) to help clients make effective underwriting and group/population analysis decisions.
IntelliScript has averaged annual sales growth exceeding 20% in the last several years. As part of Milliman, IntelliScript offers a unique, entrepreneurial environment, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. Our guiding principles are: Delight Our Clients, Innovation, Excellence, Transparency, and Balance. We are looking for collaborative people who are ready to be part of our long-term success. Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company and culture: Milliman IntelliScript on LinkedIn
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The IntelliScript Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, TN, or other non-immigrant work authorizing status for this position.