Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Actuarial Technician - Employee Benefits
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Who We Are
Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world’s most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation. Employing professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians to technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
We have an opening for an Actuarial Technician in the Milwaukee Office of our Hartland Employee Benefits Practice. The practice delivers retirement plan consulting and administration for corporate and public-sector employers as well as for multiemployer pension plans. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your math and analytical skills in a stimulating work environment without the expectation of pursuing the SOA exams. Working in a team environment, this role entails using spreadsheets, databases, and other software to prepare retirement plan valuations, special studies, and related deliverables.
- Process and organize data for the actuarial valuation of retirement plans
- Assist with setup and programming of actuarial valuations
- Update / develop new and existing Excel workbooks
- Provide analysis and assistance on other projects as assigned
- Completed bachelor's degree required, preferably with concentration in actuarial science, math, or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and growing environment
NOTE: This position does not support, require, or reimburse for SOA or CAS exam progression.
Application: Candidates who upload a resume and cover letter will be given first consideration.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and skills.
Sponsorship: Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States. Milliman will not sponsor applicants for this position for the following work visas/statuses: F-1 STEM OPT, H-1B, J-1, TN, O-1, L-1, or E-1/2.