Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Actuarial Analyst - IntelliScript
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Milliman, Inc. is recognized as a top firm that provides data, products and professional services to the insurance industry. IntelliScript is a practice within Milliman that provides health and life insurers with real-time data and underwriting decision support tools via software-as-a-service (SaaS). IntelliScript offers an innovative suite of products which interpret and deliver electronic medical data (such as prescription histories, diagnoses, treatment data, etc.) to help our clients make effective underwriting and pricing decisions. Our company offers a unique entrepreneurial culture that also promotes work / life balance. IntelliScript has enjoyed consistent growth and is the leader in the markets we serve.
Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company and culture: Milliman IntelliScript on LinkedIn
- Work on a variety of analytical projects on a growing team
- Innovation and ideas are always welcome at IntelliScript, and success is highly visible
- Enjoy autonomy to work independently with strong trust and communication among the team
- Milliman demonstrates work-life balance through a variety of perks and programs
By leveraging our relationships with retail pharmacy chains, PBMs, and data clearinghouses, IntelliScript is able to access prescription records on an identified and de-identified basis. IntelliScript’s SaaS products analyze and organize this data, through various risk management applications for health plans and life insurers.
- Work with internal and external clients to create project deliverables
- Creative problem solving using spreadsheets, databases and other resources to organize and analyze information
- Communicate results in well written reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner
- Anticipate and address questions that will arise during business review and client delivery
- Use discretion and independent judgment to determine how to complete assigned projects, subject to peer review
- Check and validate peers’ work and results
- Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or other major with quantitative course work
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or above
- 1 or more successfully completed actuarial exams (demonstrated exam success)
- 1 or more completed internships, and/or 1 or more years of work experience, in the actuarial profession
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL, SAS, VBA or other programming language(s)
- Ambition and excitement for professional development through work and study
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated “let’s find a way to do it” attitude – no task is too big or too small, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Resourceful; tenacious in solving problems; asks questions and contributes ideas to determine the best way to accomplish a goal
- Ambition and excitement for their professional development
- Diligent in follow up, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Articulate and professional when speaking with clients as well as with colleagues, via all mediums (phone, email, WebEx, etc.)
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture
This position will be based in the Milliman office in Brookfield, WI. Applicants must be willing to work onsite in the Milliman office.
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The IntelliScript Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, TN, or other non-immigrant work authorizing status for this position.