Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fuel Farm Operator
at Menzies Aviation plc
This is a full-time position, the Schedule currently available for this job is 10:00 pm to 06:00 am
- Support Quality Control Technicians with hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical reports
- Make required daily, weekly and monthly petroleum product log entries of fuel transactions, quality control, and maintenance
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment at fuel storage facilities/systems including related equipment on fueling vehicles
- Perform routine and periodic inspections in compliance with company, customer, government and industry standards
- Complies with A4A specifications on fuel quality
- Transfer products and monitor storage tanks, pipelines and related equipment to ensure that they are in good working order to prevent spills, releases, overfills and product contamination
- Must be able to clean up and keep the Fuel Farm looking presentable at all time
- Conduct all work in a safe fashion by adhering to all company, customer, industry, local, state and federal safe work policies/procedures
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain valid US driver’s license
- Must pass all pre-employment testing including a physical, color vision test, audio test, and drug test
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Handle fueling carts and fueling hoses which will require you to lift and move up to 70lbs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Must pass background check and obtain US Custom seal as required
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airports and Custom badges/seals
- Work is done primarily outdoors; must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Advancement Opportunities
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Life and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Training
- Uniform Provided
- This is a full-time job and the Schedule available is: 10:00 pm to 06:00 am
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, high voltages and high hydraulic/pneumatic pressures. The employee is also frequently exposed to very loud noise levels, fumes or airborne particles and hazardous substances, materials or waste. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The Operator performs periodic maintenance and inspections on filters, pumps, valves, tanks, pressure controls, metering and gauging equipment, company vehicles. Ensures that all work assigned is performed in a timely fashion with quality workmanship. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while projecting a professional image for MENZIES AVIATION.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. Employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.