Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Materion Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-WI-Milwaukee | US-OH-Mayfield Heights
- Relocation Provided
- Operations - Operations
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations for the Advanced Materials Group (AMG), the Project Manager is responsible for executing a variety of projects that span multiple sites within the AMG business unit. This position serves as the key point of contact and coordinates with various business functions (i.e. Product Development & Manufacturing) to achieve a common goal. The individual manages all aspects of moderately complex projects. In addition, this individual leads/manages medium to large size projects, leveraging basic project management tools to deliver results. The Project Manager accomplishes project objectives by planning, driving, and evaluating project activities.
This position may be located in either Milwaukee, WI or Mayfield Heights, OH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all aspects of moderately complex projects totaling~$500K to $1MM.
- Defines, lays out, and drives execution of the project plan.
- Coordinates with and influences cross-functional teams with competing goals to gain alignment to the overall project plan and initiatives.
- Determines system improvements and implements process development changes, such as refining the Stage Gate process, improving cross-site communications, and identifying new business opportunities.
- Ensures the completion of the design transfer process from Product Development to Manufacturing.
- Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Establishes and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and seeks to add value whenever possible.
- Defines scope, deliverables, success criteria and key metrics of the project in conjunction with project leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Identifies and schedules project or program deliverables, milestones and tasks.
- Maintains accurate and timely project and resource plans, and provides consolidated status reports and documentation.
- Coordinates and monitors project execution and progress.
- Monitors project cost and resource usage, where appropriate.
- Directs the project cross-functional team(s).
- Communicates and partners well with all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers.
- Respond to stakeholder requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Solid understanding of project management techniques and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in technical discipline with minimum 5 years of project management experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Previous quality experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Tier 1 semi-conductor customers is ideal, but not required.
- Project management and planning skills including the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Experiencing managing and planning projects from inception to completion is required.
- Communication skills necessary for interfacing with employees, supervisors, managers, vendors and customers. Must be comfortable speaking with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Capable of utilizing a personal computer, and familiar with typical word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Green or Black belt six sigma certification is preferred.
- Must be execution oriented.
- Materials processing knowledge is a plus.
- Travel requirements: 50%.