Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Sales Manager
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001EIG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Hotel Metro, Autograph Collection, 411 E Mason Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Coury Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sales Manager is responsible for booking guestrooms, events with guestrooms meeting/catering needs and local/social catering business. The Sales Manager is responsible for meeting budgeted revenue goals while exceeding customer satisfaction; understanding and anticipating customer needs and building strong relationships to ensure increased repeat business; soliciting new business opportunities, answering client questions, closing business and handling walkin customers to achieve or exceed activity goals. This position requires an energetic, detail oriented person with a passion for providing 5star service, a flexible candoattitude along with excellent communication skills to ensure
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times. Quick and timely responses to all calls, emails and leads (no later than 24 hours).
- Solicit and secure business for Hotel through a proactive, focused sales approach using all available technology to identify comp set accounts, new customers in the market while continuing to saturate existing accounts. Must be able to fill schedule with continuous stream of customer contacts on property, on location or via the telephone and internet.
- Develop strong, professional long term business relationships. Attend networking events, become member of civic organization and/or
- industry associations.
- Must have clear understanding of the hotels business strategies and goals to determine individual action plans to meet those goals.
- Maintain accurate information and revenues in SFAWeb and CI/TY at all times to ensure accurate forecasting when converted to Autograph Collection.
- Create and maintain neatly organized files with all required and appropriate information.
- Attend all Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings and all other departmental meetings set forth by GM .
- Work closely with Catering Department on operations and event execution.
- Be on site to greet all groups upon arrival; onsite and visible to groups throughout the duration of their event checking to ensure everything is
- Running smoothly and that clients are happy and satisfied.
- Follow up with client after function by phone to ensure customer satisfaction, thank them for the business and to address any possible challenges.
- Follow up with various departments to ensure any necessary feedback is communicated.
- Follow through on billing to ensure all monies are collected.
- Assist other sales/catering managers with site inspections as required.
- Participate in all property specific customer functions.
- Assist with reporting as necessary.
- Provide sales support during shows, help drive sales initiatives set forth by GM with team members and conduct or attend training as needed.
- Wear professional attire and always represent hotel to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management in
- accordance with company values.
- Any other duties or activities set forth by immediate supervisor or General Manager.
- 35 years previous hotel sales experience in group rooms, catering and social catering with proven track record is required
- The ability to negotiate, influence and sell.
- Ability to finalize group and local/social Event Orders.
- Computer savvy experience with Microsoft Office applications previous experience with Marriott systems (CI/TY, SFAWeb, Opera, MARSHA a plus); ability to learn new systems and to abide by format defined by Marriott International.
- Excellent time management, self management and self motivation. Must be organized with a keen focus on detail.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Possess determination and commitment to achieve financial expectations.
- Have deep desire to always produce quality results taking pride in work.
- Flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by business demands.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility in the face of change.
- An innate desire to exceed guest expectations and have an uncompromising approach to service and follow through.
- Candidates may be called upon to work extended workweeks, including weekends or holidays, to accommodate a client's needs as well as any functions
- they are overseeing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.