Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family and Community Professional
at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Under direction, performs work involving the delivery of professional social work services to individuals, families, and groups. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Markets services, receives referrals, and assumes a caseload of customers with a variety of problems which require the application of professional social work counseling skills to solve.
• Provides case management services, and coordinates the various social, community, and mental health services received by clients.
• Conducts assessments of client needs through interviews, collateral contacts and other investigations, develops a casework plan with customers, and performs agreed upon and necessary casework services.
• Establishes and maintains effective public and working relationships.
• Maintains detailed case records, develops and prepares statistical reports, makes recommendations concerning case disposition and testifies in hearings as required.
• Attends and participates in staff development programs, including in-service training, staff meetings, and professional seminars.
• May provide consultation to other social work staff and para-professionals.
• May serve as a representative of the agency to interested individuals, professionals and community groups.
• May administer specialized programs within a community or the agency.
• Participates as a member of the team to ensure customers experience increasing quality.
• Experience and /or understanding of wrap around services may be required.
• Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. May be dependent upon COA and/or contract/licensing requirements.
• Considerable knowledge of counseling and casework principles and methods.
• Working knowledge of welfare, health, mental health and community resources.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local rules and regulations governing the delivery of social services.
• Working knowledge of human behavior, dynamics of groups, interpersonal relations, and social interactions.
• Working knowledge of social problems and their effects on individuals.
• Ability to provide or coordinate skilled treatment to clients.
• Ability to organize and plan work effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working relationships.
• Ability to prepare and present detailed and complex reports.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 80%. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.