Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Lutheran Social Service of WI & Upper MI in collaboration with Racine County is seeking an AODA Counselor to join our team. This position is a full time, 40 hour a week position with benefits.
The AODA Counselor provides comprehensive counseling and case management services to individuals presenting with a variety of AODA issues, including those with legal convictions.
Compensation: $17-$24/hr based on education and credentials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide screening, assessment and document bio-psycho-social intake for new clients.
- Engage patient in treatment.
- Prepare initial treatment plans and required reviews
- Conduct individual and group therapy
- Participate in professional staffing and meetings as required
- Maintain a professional and confidential relationship with patients.
- Employee will maintain records that are in compliance with Racine County and Wisconsin regulations.
- Employee will follow all local, State and Federal laws governing AODA related treatment including HIPAA and 42 CFR.
- Employee to focus on continued quality improvement.
- Employee will maintain required production levels.
- May provide AODA counseling in the Racine County Jail as assigned.
- Provide oral and written communication that is appropriate to the task and in accordance with agency, DHS 75 and Medicaid standards.
- Make intervention and assessment decisions using the “Best Practice” philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with law enforcement, families, other county departments, schools, acute care services providers, and other community resources to coordinate appropriate crisis resolution and referral.
- Communicate pertinent information on a timely basis and participate in clinical supervision case reviews, staffing's, and/or case planning meetings.
- Complete all necessary health care/medical and financial record documentation required to maintain complete medical and financial billing records.
- Provide crisis therapy when indicated. (Only appropriately credentialed staff)
- Perform other duties as assigned, including responding to an emergency event.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• At least two years of related AODA experience is required. Five years counseling experience preferred.
• Ability to establish a therapeutic relationship.
• Ability to relate to highly diverse population.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to solve problems and negotiate solutions.
• Knowledge of DHS 75 regulations
• Knowledge of evidence based practices.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Ability to work well with treatment team and community members.
• Interacts with the public in a professional manner.
• Must be able and willing to work evenings.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
• Employee licensed in the State of Wisconsin as a SAC or CSAC is strongly preferred.
• Employee must be licensed in the State of Wisconsin as a SAC-IT with the ability to obtain SAC within 6 months of hire is required.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.