Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach Assistant/Student Series - TEMPORARY STAFF
at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- FLSA Status
- Temporary Employee
Summary: The Outreach Assistant makes outbound phone calls and sends e-mail communication to targeted contacts for a specific campaign. This role is responsible for creating a qualified pipeline of decision making contacts, keeping leads warm and growing the interest and commitment to LLS’ mission and programs for campaign leadership.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
STATUS: PART TIME / TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A STAFFING AGENCY
Additional Position Information
- Proficiently make outbound phone and acknowledgement calls to prospective and existing contacts and/or leads in order to create interest in and commitment to participation in campaign.
- Maintain established outbound call volume to source, establish relationships and generate qualified new lead generation for the campaign leadership.
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications keeping interested leads warm and engaged.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Maintain assigned program records and files.
- Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School degree
- 1+ year’s telemarketer or customer service experience
- Commitment to achieving phone calls/per day schedule and email follow up
- Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
Capacity to confidently speak with educators regarding key messages and values of the campaign
Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
Ability to collect and organize data effectively
Strong organizational skills
Knowledge of MS Office Suite and databases
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Early morning shifts