Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LESAFFRE INTERNATIONAL
As a Staff Accountant you will be responsible for Financial Analysis, Financial Preparation, Budgeting & Forecasting, and Compliance.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compliance and Control
- Gathers and/or produces supporting documentation in annual audits
- Financial Analysis
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Monitors capital expenditure projects and fixed assets and reconciles to general ledger
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts and makes recommendations regarding
- Prepares concise and accurate analytical reports as requested by management
- Financial Preparation
- Assists in month-end and year-end close, while maintaining timely and accurate reporting
- Prepares and reviews monthly operating and executive financial reports
- Reconciles and enters monthly financial information into the Group HFM financial reporting platform
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Reviews monthly operational financials and investigates significant variances to budgeted and forecasted amounts
- Provides financial assistance and ad hoc reporting as required to assist in business needs
- Other special projects or necessary duties as required for harmonious business and working relationships.
This job does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in desktop software applications such as Microsoft Office (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, project management).
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (Oracle preferred, or another large ERP system).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Collaboration - Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish business objectives.
- Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to adapt to a changing work environment; Ability to effectively present information to peers and management.
- Confidentiality - Practices strict level of respect for, and protection of confidential information.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; strong interest to find solutions.
- Multi-Tasking â€“ Is able to coordinate and manage tasks and projects in a fast-paced office environment, in a concurrent, efficient and timely manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- English proficiency required; second language a plus Spanish or French preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, as well as periodically bend, stoop and stretch. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Requires eyesight within range acceptable to read numbers, reports and computer terminals. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use. Occasionally requires lifting packages of up to 25 pounds. Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time, especially when traveling. Occasionally requires extensive standing or walking, especially at company meetings and trade shows.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to normal hazards consistent with an office setting. Typical lighting and temperature variation consistent with an office setting. Working with office equipment may pose occasional shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.