Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN CASE MANAGER
at Lakeview Health
The Scope of Practice for the RN Case Manager includes responsibility for management of the assigned patient population through multidisciplinary team leadership, in partnership with the Medical Social Worker. The RN Case Manager oversees the work of the Medical Social Worker in this model.
The RN Case Manager leads Care Conferences to assure a coordinated plan of care and discharge plan for the patient and has overall accountability for care coordination, utilization management, and discharge planning for patients within the assigned caseload. The RN Case Manager is a member of the Case Management Team, consisting of the Lead Case Manager, the MD Chair of the UM committee, the Medical Social Worker, and other disciplines involved in the multi-disciplinary care planning for LTACH patients & families.
1) Lead Care Conferences and collaborate with all members of the multidisciplinary team to assure a coordinated plan of care.
2) Facilitate the establishment of a safe and appropriate Discharge Plan for each patient within assigned caseload; ensure adequate aftercare services are in place to support the discharge plan utilizing all available resources. Oversee the Medical Social Worker's involvement in & development of the discharge plan..
3) Maintain awareness of funding source needs and status, communicate this information to all relevant parties in a timely manner, and initiate any action required to maintain funding for services in any phase of treatment. Participate in Utilization Management meetings to promote sharing of knowledge base and resources, and to foster creative & team-centered problem-solving for difficult situations.
4) Maintain communication with all parties relevant to patient care and treatment, and ensure customer satisfaction to the best of ability on all fronts, internally and externally.
5) Accurately and appropriately document all services provided; maintain current case management notes in the Lakeview system. Ensure that documentation is timely and accurate for communication and accountability, specifically with regard to patient's discharge plan.
6) Assume responsibility for one's own professional growth; actively support the mission, philosophy, & goals of the organization.
7) Adhere to work practices consistent with Lakeview's mission and strategic plan; complete other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
: Minimum of 3 year's broad clinical experience, predominately in a medical-surgical setting. Case Management, discharge planning, and utilization review experience required.
: Ability to manage and prioritize variety of tasks, work independently, exercise critical thinking, establish priorities and meet deadlines. Able to work with staff, patients and families of varied backgrounds.
: Registered Nurse, ADN or BSN diploma required.
Licensure: Current WI RN licensure required.
Experience working in interdisciplinary team approach and certification in Case Management.