Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FT, PT or PRN Certified Nursing Asst - LTAC Hospital
at Lakeview Health
We are looking for compassionate, dependable and enthusiastic health care professionals to join our LTAC Hospital team. Must have a current WI CNA certification. Experience in providing care for patients with neurobehavioral issues is a strong plus!
Our CNAs provide high-quality patient care as well as assistance with personal and social adjustment skills, meals, and leisure activities for patients with complex medical conditions including Traumatic Brain Injuries. We strongly support individuals who plan to further their education in the health care field by offering a FT benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and student loan payment assistance!
Full-Time (36hrs/week), Part-Time (24hrs/week) and PRN (on call) positions are available on Day (7a-7p) and NOC (7p-7a) shifts. Differential pay for night and weekend shifts, totaling as high as $4/hr!
CNA - Hospital Job Description
To provide assistance and treatment to patients of Hospital. To help ensure active participation in the rehabilitation program. To participate as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. To provide education, assistance, supervision, safety, and behavior management for the patient population.
1. Provides descriptive and objective information for input into the treatment plan regarding each patient’s functional abilities and limitations as well as observes and records data regarding target behaviors in accordance with patient treatment plans, prescribed program interventions, and therapy protocols.
2. Actively seeks opportunities to teach age-appropriate responsibility, independent functioning, and pro-social behavior.
3. Tends to the patients' immediate needs for safety, education, health / hygiene and comfort in ways that foster independent functioning on the part of the patient (i.e. ADL’s, mealtime, bathing, laundry, community access, recreational activities, and vocational skills) in accordance with competencies.
4. Works with patients in a variety of settings in accordance with the patient’s schedule.
5. Communicates with staff and patients in a manner consistent with both the individual patient’s treatment plan and individual patient needs.
6. Adheres to the administrative, clinical, and human resource policies of Lakeview Specialty Hospital and Rehab.
1. Skill, Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of the sequela of brain injury and other neurological disorders. Knowledge of physical, cognitive, psychological, emotional, and/or communication disabilities. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR course required.
2. Education Requirements: Completion of certified nursing assistant course.
3. Licensure: Current WI CNA certification, CPR certification (American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course)
4. Experience: None required, but strong preference for candidates with at least one year of experience working with an acute population.