Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced TIG Welder
at Lakeside Manufacturing
- West Allis, WI, USA
- $19.70 to $22.54
- Full Time
This role will be working First shift, Monday through Thursday (5:00 AM 3:30 PM ) 10 hour shifts
Under the direction of the Group Leader, the Welder performs TIG welding to assemble stainless steel products ensuring the highest possible quality at the lowest possible cost, while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements and company performance standards, in accordance with the organization's Code Of Conduct and Operating and Guiding Principles, and maintaining a positive work atmosphere by his/her behavior and communications to others.
- Using open table layout, perform TIG welding of custom cafeteria counters i.e. frames, food shields and other subassemblies.
- Have a strong background in reading blueprints and drawings.
- Have the ability to perform a layout of components to produce a quality product according to procedures while meeting specifications.
- Must communicate effectively with fellow team members as well as the Engineering group.
- Must be familiar with the use of basic machinery and hand tools i.e. cutting tubes to length, drill and tapping.
- Perform all grinding, buffing and polishing operations to bring products into specifications.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Assist with assembly operations in other areas as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED equivalent, plus 3-5 years related experience
- Must be able to operate pneumatic and power tools, welding equipment, polishers, buffers, and lift equipment.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to successfully pass forklift certification.
Organization Summary: From Lakeside's beginning in May of 1946, we have been unique in our ability to work together to provide outstanding products and services to our customers. We have a long heritage of innovation starting with our founders. We also enjoy a respect and commitment from our customers because we have been honest and straight forward in our dealings with them. This consistency and effort has earned Lakeside the reputation of being a top-quality company with whom to do business. Our reputation of integrity in the marketplace can only be sustained if we always do what we say we are going to do. This means always being honest and consistent. Delivering consistent excellent service and products presents us with our biggest challenge and also our biggest opportunity. Our future success will be driven by our ability to quickly design and deliver new product solutions that meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. This is no small task since we sell our product in partnership with manufacturer's representatives and distributors who, in turn, sell to end-users worldwide. This means that we need to be constantly listening to what the end-user, our reps and our distributors are saying about our products, our services, and our performance. Then we need to be able to take what we hear and blend that into what we do.
Our vision is to create an agile organization that has a "can do" behavior that is easy and enjoyable to do business with. Customer Focused Our shared goals and actions are defined through understanding, meeting, and exceeding our customers' current and future needs. Continuous Improvement Our effort in creative continuous improvement allows us to be flexible and responsive. Information Driven Our collection and analysis of easy-to-use information allows everyone to make well-informed decisions. Cooperative Atmosphere We encourage, develop, and combine our individual talents to allow everyone to be part of rewarding team efforts.