Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Maintenance / Heavy Equipment Operator Split Shift
- Position Type
- Hourly Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
This position reports directly to the Plant Foreman and Plant Manager. All duties are performed in a work-safe manner. LafargeHolcim Health & Safety Policy and The 5 Health & Safety Rules are followed. This individual works as a team member. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in production goals and plant repairs to maintain optimum plant and equipment availability and uptime.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Performs daily plant processing equipment inspections and performs maintenance as directed by second first and second shift foremen.
- Participates in the production process during split-shift activities by operating mobile equipment and plant processing equipment. These responsibilities are common to all plant employees.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and support as necessary with work being performed by other plant employees.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on all product conveyance systems within the plant and specific equipment. Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, and troubleshooting process to complete task.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, looking and listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by using proper LOTOTO procedures, and dismantling devices which may include using hoists, cranes, hand, and power tools.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Anticipate needed equipment, parts, and supplies through creation of spare and critical spare listing.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing appropriate technical publications.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS policies to assure that environmental, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
Performs maintenance duties in accordance with safety procedures
Performs specialized repairs that require critical tolerances for proper equipment operation.
Performs maintenance duties following standard work instructions to ensure proper utilization.
Service equipment to ensure reliable performance
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
This position will interact with first shift personnel to coordinate maintenance activities to reduce and eliminate production interruptions. Acting as a team member with the plant operators, repairman and foreman/manager their main focus will be on maintenance issues but responsibilities will also overlap operator duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 2-5 years Welding / Mechanical experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge and skills required for Welding, Mechanical repair, Mechanical troubleshooting, etc.)
- Individual must have proven communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
- Must have proven experience in welding, mechanical maintenance and general maintenance.
Must be able to work at heights, climb stairs and ladders, walk over obstacles, lift up to 50lbs. of heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.)