Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator
- Position Type
- Hourly Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member.
Mobile operators are given primary responsibility of performing all plant and quarry tasks that require the use of heavy mobile equipment. The associated equipment of the limestone quarry and the plant equipment are also considered equipment to be operated through mobile operators.
- Safety Responsibilities - Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies to assume that environmental, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
- The teams are limestone quarry and plant mobile equipment with a salaried supervisor coordinating team activities.
- Tasks and equipment utilized are changed per requirements of plant needs; therefore, individuals must possess a variety of task skills.
Relationships with Other Jobs:
This position will interact with production and maintenance personnel to reduce and eliminate production interruptions.
- High School Diploma
- Must pass all plant minimum required hiring qualifications.
- Work well in a team and a minimum supervised setting.
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends various shifts and overtime as directed.
- Demonstrated ability for positive contributions when working within teams.
- Must be willing to accept change and strive for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to operate mobile equipment.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Possess communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a Aggregate plant, i.e. walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.).
The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at great heights or in small confined spaces.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Additional Requirements: Previous Underground mining experience
- Previous welding, cutting experience (plus) no required.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills required (English)
- Haul trucks, loaders, and various mine equipment experience preferred
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Part 46 MSHA training
- Excaveter, haul truck experience preferred
- Local 139 preferred
Physical Requirements & Conditions:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of products, industry terminology
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
- Good communication skills – verbal and listening